Thursday, June 15, 2006

Oh where, oh where

It seems that Provo doesn't have a yarn store. You'd think it would, being a city filled with young women trying to look domestic, but I haven't been able to find one. There was a nice little yarn store back home where there were random little turns and more yarn than I imagined. I wish I was there.
I prefer to yarn shop in person, and not online. I don't know-maybe I'm old fashioned about that. I know it's not because I'm nervous about buying things on the Internet-anybody who knows an algorithm or two knows how safe the encoding is. I just like to see the yarn in person, that's all.
Actually, if I must end up in Provo longer than I anticipate (the duration of my schooling), I may considering opening up a yarn shop. I'm sure there would be a great demand and customer base once it gets started. I just wouldn't know where to start, where to get the money to do it, or which yarns I'd vend. No clue. But at any rate, Provo needs a yarn store. I'd even settle for one in Orem.

2 comments:

margene said...

Heinselman's is in Provo on Main street.

Top Hat said...

I did find Heindselmann's last week and bought a couple of skeins for some slippers. I plan on going back sometime soon. I'll write about it soon.