Thursday, April 12, 2007

Any Ideas?

I keep staring at the novelty yarn I got from RubyScarab. I don't know what to do with it because I normally don't buy yarn unless I have a specific pattern/idea in mind. Any suggestions (besides the basic scarf, more complicated scarf patterns may be suggested, though)? It's Moda Dea Cheri. I have 2 skeins of orange and a skein of red (see below for a pic).

I have thought about using the red for the Red Scarf Project, but I don't know how gender neutral you can make novelty yarn.

2 comments:

Amanda1 said...

I was at a knitting group meeting last night, and one of the women was knitting a scarf that was using a yarn similar to this. It was gorgeous, because it was maybe 20 rows of the novelty yarn, then 20 rows of this beautiful verigated yarn that was very fine. Not sure what stitch she was using (it looked like the woven stitch)... I apologize for not knowing more detail. I was across the circle from her (there are 20 of us).

Can't wait to see what you decide to do!

Summers Camp said...

My suggestion is a lovely head-band for your equally lovely cousin-in-law! ;)