Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Must hold back...

Ok. So I'm not a very good student, but the weekend happened, and I allow myself to knit on the weekend as long as I'm studying during the week. It's like dieting; if you go cold turkey without some little reward, you'll fail.

So, during Carolyn's senior harp recital, I knitted a lot of McKay's first sock and I finished up with the kitchener that night. The body of the sock is done, it just needs its embellishments and a mate, as you can see from the sidebar. Also, they're planning on having a bundle of joy in December, so I need to find a project for them. Just kidding; I've already found it: Baby's First DNA model.

McKay's family called/contacted us a lot this week. An unusual amount (not that I mind, it was just out of the ordinary). Anyway, in one of these contacts, I was reminded/told for the first time of a project for McKay's dad's Christmas present, as you can see on the side. I've decided to do some knitting for this project, but I may do some quilting for it, too. McKay can help! I showed him the pattern I am currently working on (it's extremely easy) and he could definitely do it. He's a bit hesitant to get bit by the knitting bug, though. Also, I can't post pictures for that project until after Christmas, sorry.

Tonight for Enrichment, there is a group meeting to learn to crochet. And, I don't know how to crochet, which always surprises everyone. I personally think knitting is much more professional than crochet, so I've never had a desire, but sometimes patterns ask you to add a little crochet edge, and I'd like to be able to do that, so I'm going tonight to learn. And that was a long sentence.

Also, I've signed up for the Gnome Swap. More information for that soon. It sounds so exciting!

Also, based on the idea of Amanda1, who suggested the weave stitch, I've decided that my novelty yarn will be used for My So Called Scarf. It's not the weave stitch, but thinking weave stitch reminded me of that pic, so I'm going with that.

And now, work and finals...

2 comments:

QueenMeadow said...

I'm "writing" my research paper right now ;). I'm hating it so I decided to blog surf instead.

Good luck to ya, its almost over :)

Amanda1 said...

I'm so glad you got some inspiration from my suggestion!

That gnome swap looks fun. I'm thinking about doing it - thanks for posting about it!