Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Gnome Swap!

So, as you see, I have a link to the Gnome Blog! I'm so excited about this. I've been thinking up where I want to take the gnome...definitely Heindselman's. It is the local yarn shop and the oldest one in the States.

Plus! I have pictures. The first one is some yarn I bought. I liked the pattern on the sample in the store. I will explain why this doesn't violate the Knit from Your Stash vow in a couple of days.


And this is the beginning of Melissa's sock. It's not the best picture. You'll get some more later.

Don't you like how I got artsy and put the yarn in the bushes outside?

Oh. And strange story...

Me: McKay, you need to get something for your mom birthday.
(sidenote: it was last week)
McKay: I know.
Me (out of some weird hope): Maybe you should knit her something?
McKay: I've been thinking about that...

What?! He had already been thinking about that?! Since when did this happen?! Oh, my husband is a crazy man! (and so wonderful! Don't you all wish your husbands would say that?)

3 comments:

QueenMeadow said...

The sock looks great on that bush, makes the color pop!

I love your knew yarn, very pretty.

Amanda1 said...

I love the Marble yarn. I've seen it at the store and just think it looks so fun. I hope you post some pics as you work it up!

Anonymous said...

I'm excited about the swap, too! It will be fun to see all the places Norm (and his mate) travel.
- Your gnome's swap pal