Saturday, May 26, 2007

If you're my Mother-In-Law, cease reading now

This is what happened to the Marble yarn. And this is McKay's gift for his mom for Mother's Day. She likes hats and purple, so McKay requested that I find purple yarn and I helped him find a pattern he liked (we used a Lion Brand pattern, and you have to have an account with them to see the pattern). Happy picture time:

McKay doing some knitting (isn't it adorable?):

We blocked it on a plate to give the beret "flatness":FO:
And it's on its way to California now.

And to answer questions left in my comments: Yes, that is my wedding bouquet. I think it's at my parent's house, though. We used artificial flowers, so they'll last much longer and not fall apart as they get older. Secondly, Enrichment. At church, we have a women's organization called Relief Society. Enrichment the name for the organized groups/activites that the women in Relief Society get together for. We have Enrichment groups for cooking, scrapbooking, cardmaking, exercising, quilting, a playgroup for mothers with small children, and also a needle crafts group. I didn't make it to the needle crafts group this past month, but I'll try again in June. Really Enrichment groups can be anything that caters to the needs/talents of the women. We've had emergency preparedness activities and such. You don't have to go to all of them, just the ones you want to. I think it's great. At Enrichment a month ago or so, I learned to crochet. So that's Enrichment. Have a beautiful day!

4 comments:

Amanda1 said...

Fantastic! Thanks for the note on your wedding bouquet, we did that, too!

Heidi said...

Isn't my cousin adorable?! Yes he is! And so is his wifey! Lovely beret, by the way!
*Beth (signed in under my mom)

The_Add_Knitter said...

Love that purple...

Kelly said...

wow. i'm so impressed that you got your hubby making crafts!