Wednesday, September 12, 2007

WIP Wednesday

Do you see these pixels on your screen? Straight from my computer to yours! That's right! The Internet is up and running again!
I have the Internet at work, but the elementary school's system blocks any and all online journalling sites, so I haven't been able to read or post any blogs.

But here we are!
And since it's Wednesday, and since I know you love works in progress, here are a couple pictures of the current ventures.


This is the beginning of Chad's sock. I wanted to do a cool rib on it, but at the yarn store, McKay convinced me to choose blue and to duplicate stitch a soccer ball onto the sides. The blue is for Chad's favorite soccer team, which actually doesn't exist anymore. I'd still go with my original idea: manly yarn, manly ribbing, but McKay swears Chad will like it. I hope he likes royal blue. And as you see, throwing your knitting onto the morning glories outside your apartment complex makes it look better.

But what it DOES NOT make look better is the Barf Scarf.
"Oh, you know how attached I was to Fluffy, so sad she had to die. I thought that if we shaved her, removed her entrails, turned her entrails into yarn and dipped it in the fur, it'd make a fantastic fashion statement. And I'll always have her with me."
Yes.
Actually the picture doesn't look that bad, but in real life that scarf is hideous. As I've said before, I'm only knitting it because the yarn was a gift and I don't want to just give the skeins to the thrift store... some poor fool might end up with Barf Mittens instead. The scarf is really the only way to go because I'm sure someone out there will buy it on Ebay.

So have a great Wednesday. I have to go update the Bonnet now and then read all of your guys' blogs since Friday. So much catching up!

2 comments:

Summers Camp said...

I kinda like the barf scarf... and I LOVE all the artistic shots, haha.

mom said...

Love the morning glories. We have them to on the deck by the climbing wall. I didn't plant them this year, they came up from last years plants.