Friday, October 12, 2007

On My Mind

I should be cleaning, but all I can think about is knitting. And specifically knitting this beauty: you may remember it.

Without flash:

With flash:

Then I realized that I'm addicted to throwing yarn in bushes and taking pictures of it, so to spice things up, I chose a new setting.

I was trying to get the yellow of the fall leaves, but they turned out more green than yellow in this picture, sorry.

It's Millington by Heritage Handpaint in River Rouge, very yummy.

Now this has been sitting in my stash all summer and I haven't known what to do with it! It's handpainted and made in Michigan, so this one skein is all I have. I went looking at patterns and none of them are to my liking. I think I'm going to have to give up and try designing. Does that mean put all my other projects aside to have some fun knitting? We'll see... Some of these projects have deadlines. The soonest one needs to be done in 2 weeks and I've not even started it. Once I get those needles off the soccer socks, though, it should be good.

What shall I design? We will see about that; it is getting chilly now.

3 comments:

NH Knitting Mama said...

That looks beautiful!

the boogeyman's wife said...

that is some pretty yarn...good luck picking a pattern!

Esoteric Knitter said...

It's sooooo pretty. Looks super soft and yummy.