Saturday, November 10, 2007

This week in review

So on Tuesday, I went to my first SnB. Lots of S, not so much B from me. :)

Here I am an hour before the SnB, trying to wind my yarn on my feet so I could take it with.

It was, we shall say... "less effective." I ended up with cramps in my legs for sitting like that. I resulted to taking McKay's scarf I started a year ago that keeps getting put on hold for other projects. I feel like I've made lots of progress on it, although it's not really noticeable (it's knit VERY VERY TIGHTLY).

I met Meadow at the SnB.

When I came home afterwards, I tried my feet-as-ball-winder method, and failed miserably with lots of knots on the ground. There is still a mess of red yarn on our floor, but the mess is much smaller and I'm making lots of progress on that project (I think). That project is my first designed project entirely by myself. It's also one of the largest garments I've tried making. We'll see how that ends up.

I love this. I'm totally making it for our mystery baby.

And my parents got a dog. It's a "rat terrier." Little dog, short hair, spade, etc.

And then my mom asked me...
if I...
would...
make a dog sweater.

How do I feel about that?

That wOuld cause faR Too mUch adoRable-nEss in the world. I just couldn't do that.

Especially with PETA's approval.

3 comments:

NH Knitting Mama said...

Good luck un-knotting your red yarn. Definitely been there once or twice! ha ha...

QueenMeadow said...

Good luck with the knots, no fun! I'm definitely getting a ball winder, soon!

That blanket is adorable! My grandma made me a towel like that for my first child, used it for all three and still have it. I loved it!!

It was great meeting you and next time I'll bring more to work on so I can do lots of S ;).

mom said...

There is no torture in knitting a cute green sweater for Rocket.