Sunday, December 30, 2007

Sock-o-licious

So I've been home all week doing nothing but relaxing- why haven't I posted?

Well, the thought process goes a little like this:

Knit? Or blog? Knit? Blog?

Knit.

So that's what I've been doing- mostly. Probably about half the time. Well, knitting and bouncing on my new birthing ball (or exercise ball or whatever).

I heard today that each FO should get its own post. I think I agree, but I don't feel like doing that today.

First, and most excitedly, I finished McKay's gloves! I told him to "pose." Here is his hand model pose.
Look at him unlock that door! Work it! Work it!

I also promised finished baby sock pictures with the ends weaved in:

Aww...

And something I'm glad isn't following me into the New Year: Barf Scarf. I actually finished it- not because I like the yarn, mind you, but because I wanted to see it finished and out of here. It's not quite out of here though.

Oh oh! And then McKay and I went to the yarn store to use my gift card that I bought myself and then said was from McKay. There were a couple of sock yarns I wanted to try, and I've never made a pair of socks for myself, so I got those.

The first is Tofutsies.
It's very bright and fun, though you can't tell in this picture. I'm not sure if we need a new camera, better lighting in the house, or better places to take pictures in the house. Anyway, I had McKay pick out the color. His response to that was, "You don't have a favorite color!" I told him, "Then pick the one most like me." Hahaha. He was kind of cornered into that! Well, he chose the blue/green/yellow one because it's most "fun and vibrant." Yay! And it is.

I've actually started knitting with the Tofutsies. People on Ravelry said it splits some (and it does a little) and pools a lot. You can actually see here, from the manufacturer's page, that it does pool horribly, so I chose to try the Monkey Socks. I heard that the Monkey Socks pattern has magic anti-pooling abilities.

And so far, it does (I'm almost done with the heel flap):


The second sock yarn I bought was On Your Toes. McKay chose this color too, because it was the most eye catching there.

I wonder how it'll knit up...

3 comments:

kasiaiscarly said...

ok, i must ask why it's considered a birthing ball. ...

NH Knitting Mama said...

Wow, lots of knitting for sure! Love the yarns. I'm sure the barf scarf will find the right neck to hang on to.

the boogeyman's wife said...

congrats on finishing the barf scarf (always loved the name!). you're going to have some nice socks!