Monday, December 10, 2007

Weekend of knitting

It snowed all day Saturday; it was so beautiful. Snow makes me want to knit, so I pretty much cleaned the house and knit all day Saturday. And then Saturday night, I recruited for the Utah Valley SnB. I knew of a couple of ladies in the ward who like to knit. One actually had originally got me going to another knitting group before they strangely disbanded, so I know that a knitting group would be good for her. Maybe we'll see them at Borders next month!

Fruits of my weekend labor:
These are the pieces to my DNA model for one of my visiting teachees. She had a baby a couple of weeks ago, so I figured, hey, what bioengineering major WOULDN'T want a DNA strand for her baby? I just have to piece it together. I know there are a lot of ends, but with toys, I don't mind that. Instead of weaving them in, I just stuff them in with the stuffing. :)


I've finished knitting Rick's scarf; it needs blocking, though. I'll probably get that done tonight and send it out this week.


And this is the beginning of McKay's gloves. There are ends to weave in on the inside of the finished one, but that's not so bad.

This week's goal: finish the Christmas presents for Nicki's family. And take more pictures of the pretty snow. And update my Ravelry page and the sidebar on this page.

4 comments:

QueenMeadow said...

Way to go! I'm very impressed :)

NH Knitting Mama said...

Wow, you've done some great knitting! I love the DNA idea, and the glove is lovely.

the boogeyman's wife said...

those dna models are cool, and i love your tip on the ends - because all those little bits that have to be put together and ends weaved in and all make me avoid toys like that. but i'll have to remember i can just tuck them in with the stuffing! that glove is looking good too.

The_Add_Knitter said...

You are a brave one to attempt gloves, I am so intimidated by them. And congrats on the upcoming happy arrival!:)