Tuesday, January 01, 2008

101 Posts

Happy New Year!

I just realized that the last post was #100 for this blog, which I think is fitting for the last post of 2007. I feel like my life is starting over and I'm ready for the next 100 posts! Bring it on!

You'll notice that I made a few changes and updates to the sidebar of this blog. I've updated my "Blogs I read" list. I've also made room for swaps and KALs for this next year. I know a lot of people keep their links for previous swaps and KALs, but I'm a spring-cleaner sort of person. I hope that doesn't make me a bad person. I'm still deciding on how I want to organize that left sidebar, though. Any suggestions welcome.

I do have an ultimate dream for this blog and how I want it to look, but it's going to take lots of designing and html-ing that I'm not up for at the moment.

Picture time!

I forgot to mention I got a ball winder for Christmas. Here I am this morning playing with it.
Note to self: it weirds out your husband when he comes out of the bathroom to find you spinning your ball winder making toy car sounds. Vrroomm.

I finished my first Monkey Sock.


You'll notice I have very small, albeit WIDE feet. I sometimes forget to take into account the width of my feet. They are just as wide as McKay, just 3-4 inches shorter. It took a little effort to get the sock over my wide heel. Oh well.

When the weather is nicer and I've got 2 socks, we'll take these for a nice photo shoot outside.

Because of the smallness of my feet, I'll probably have a lot of leftover yarn. I think I'll modify the Monkey Sock pattern and make tiny baby monkey socks, so the baby and I can match. Of course, it depends on how much yarn I have leftover.

And kasiaiscarly asked about the birthing ball. Well, I plan on using it for labor and birth, hence its name. And I'll be able to use it for low-impact exercise for my pregnancy and post-partum. It's not uncommon for hospitals and birthing centers to have birthing balls on hand- and I'd say it's pretty common for midwives to own one or two for births that they attend. I have one because we're planning on having this baby at home, plus it's fun to bounce on. You just can't be sad while bouncing on a ball.

My sister-in-law got me the ball for Christmas and I knew it was coming. All month when we were at stores, McKay would ask me, "Do you want a ball?" I had to keep saying "No" so he wouldn't get me one. Poor McKay. I did want one, but it was already wrapped up and under the tree!

4 comments:

NH Knitting Mama said...

Your blog looks great. I like the neat & tidy thing, too. When a swap is done, the link comes down. I'm not much of a "button" person, either, and I suspect you're the same!

I had a ball to exercise on, too. 4 years later, I still use my ball to do my exercises on.

kasiaiscarly said...

wow, you're brave for a home birth. i watched one too many episodes of 'a baby story' to consider that (not that it's relevant right now, but you know what i mean!)

happy new year, and enjoy bouncing!

QueenMeadow said...

Love the monkey sock, mine is a little tight over the heel too.

Love the vroom, vroom, while winding yarn, funny.

IrishgirlieKnits said...

Love the monkey sock!! Gorgeous colors! And baby monkey socks will be so cute :)