Tuesday, January 08, 2008

January progress

I see everyone's doing the Cocoa Swap. I'm not. I know I mentioned I might but I decided not to for a couple of reasons: money, and I don't really like cocoa that much (you may all bring your pitchforks and torches to my door now). I don't really like warm sweet drinks in general: no cider, no cocoa. My brain puts sweet drinks in the cold category (milk, lemonade, juices), so my taste buds aren't big fans of cocoa.

But I am doing the Scavenger Hunt Swap! I love scavenger hunts. When I was a kid, I was always making up scavenger hunts for my siblings to do and I always hoped we'd do one for Family Home Evening. My questionaire for that swap will be posted in the next couple of days.

I also have some FOs!
Monkey socks!

A swirly hat!
I know I never mentioned this hat. Last week, I cut my thumb with a steak knife, so knitting on my tiny needles for the Monkey Socks was out of the question for a few days; I had to go to bigger needles if I was going to knit. I own a lot of lime green yarn from an abandoned project a couple of years back and I don't know what to do with it. A hat seemed reasonable. And I always wanted a swirly hat.

Tonight, I'm going to the SnB, but only for a little while. It's McKay's birthday and I probably should finish glazing his cake.

In the works: The Baby A Baby Swap! I've been writing up the details today- just a little more work and it'll be up and running!

Also in the works: an etsy shop. I've been brainstorming things to make and put in it. It'll be mostly baby items because I think they'll be the most profitable and least time consuming. I think I'm going to wait a little longer until I have more things to put in the shop before I post anything, though.

4 comments:

NH Knitting Mama said...

Let me know when you're up and running on your etsy shop. I'm more than happy to put a plug on mine for you!

IrishgirlieKnits said...

Love the monkey socks!! And the hat is gorgeous! Great job!

kasiaiscarly said...

Love the Dizzy hat! It was a quick knit, right? I can't wait to wear mine in Michigan!

the boogeyman's wife said...

i like the socks AND the swirly hat!! they look good....i might have to try that hat myself ;)