(revised at 6:33 MST because I realized I missed a question)
1) Do you knit, crochet or both? How long have you been doing it?
I knit and have been knitting for about 10 years. I can't really crochet unless you think a single chain is advanced.
2) What is on your needles/hook right now?
I'm making a pair of baby socks out of the yarn I used for my Monkeys. I'm also working on a baby blanket, a lace capelet, and have a DNA strand to assemble.
3) What is the most frequently used tool in your knitting bag?
Scissors and my tapestry needle. Boring, huh? But I can't help that cutting yarn and weaving in ends is required for every project out there.
4) What are your 3 favorite yarns (fiber type or brand)? What are your 3 least favorite? I've not really ventured into the realm of expensive yarns, partly because of cost and partly because I knit mostly for other people and I try to make things as washable as possible (aka wool/acrylic blends). I like wool, silk, anything. I'd like to try hemp. I am not a fan of a lot of the novelty yarns out there, but I think they have their place, too. They're great for gifts for non-knitters.
5) What is your favorite color?
Blue, I mean yellow! Ok. I don't have one. It really depends on my mood.
6) If you had a 5 minute shopping spree in your LYS, how would you plan your attack?
Well, I'd run upstairs to all the pretty spinning wheels and grab one of those first. I'd also grab a swift. Then I'd take an empty garbage bag and start filling it with sock yarn, fleece, un-dyed yarn, and everything else I can.
7) What is your favorite FO and why? (post a pic if you have it!)
Right now my favorite FO is my Monkey socks, but as soon as I finish these baby socks, it'll be those. Usually my favorite FO is my most recent one.
8) What are your favorite things to knit/crochet?
I really like socks because they're quick. Usually I just try to knit the most useful things I can think of (eg. right now it's baby stuff because I'm going to have a baby).
9) Do you collect anything?
Yes, actually. I collect Peanuts stuff. I have 12 years of Peanuts comics, a Peanuts blanket, enough Peanuts dish-ware for a Christmas party, a Peanuts wastebasket, etc. I just like Peanuts.
10) What are your five favorite things (not necessarily knitting related)?
Five favorite things, well that's a can of worms. Define "things." I like activism and doing something for a cause- I'm kind of picky with my causes, though. Really, I like motivational speaking- I wish women really knew how strong they are and how important they are. I also like cake and lemonade and trampolines. And I like just being happy in general. Is that five things? I like hats. I like doing things out of the ordinary- once I ate ice cream on a plate because I hadn't before.
11) Are you on Ravelry? What is your ID? I am on Ravelry; I'm TopHat.
12) Do you drink tea/coffee/cocoa? I don't drink tea or coffee at all. I will drink cocoa, but I'm not that big of a fan of warm drinks. I explain it a little here.
13) Favorite Sweets? Cake, ice cream, butterfingers, Reese's cups, white chocolate. Anything.
14) Any allergies? Allergy-free here.
15) Do you have pets? kids? No pets right now. No kids yet; give me a couple of months and maybe I can change that kids answer.