Last Tuesday at the SnB, I started some tiny tiny Monkey Socks. Now, I decided to use short rows- since babies don't walk I figured a short row heel would stay on better. Well, it wasn't until Sunday that I finished the second sock. Why did it take me so long? Well, I had to frog the first sock 3 times. Getting the lace pattern to continue down the front of the sock after the heel turn was a little tricky. I wanted 24 stitches of lace on the top of the foot, but the lace pattern is a multiple of 16. I also had to get extra increases in there- and I tried a couple different sorts of increases until I was happy (you know how yarnovers make terrible holes in your work).
This is a picture of the third frogging attempt. It doesn't look like much, but they are tiny socks.
But in the end, they are cute and match my own Monkey Socks. Awww...
The colors are more like the first picture (the frogging).
I still have more of that yarn- I bet I can make another pair of baby socks! They go a lot faster after you decide on a pattern. I didn't frog the second sock at all.