Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Mr. Roboto

Secret secret. I've got a secret.

So when I was reading blogs for the contest I created for the Baby a Baby Swap, I found that one of the ladies had a special project for labor/pre-labor. Actually, I think it was one of those "once I finish this, I can go into labor" projects. I've been considering one of these for MONTHS, but it was actually on the line of "once I go into labor, I'll start this project for relaxation" projects. Knitting is pretty repetitive and I figured it'd keep my mind busy and off of any discomfort for the first bit of labor.

Except that I really really really want to get started on it and I don't want to wait for labor to start to start working on it! So what do I do? Start it now and then not have a project to work on during labor? (yeah right- I've got about 7 WIPs right now- there will be something for me to work on) But this was a special project, for the baby, and it's pretty small.

But what if I go into labor and it's so fast that I don't get to finish it? What if? What if?

What is this project?- that's the secret. Why am I being vague about it? Well, McKay is a little uneasy about the project. He's kind of against it, especially if we have a boy. If we have a girl, he doesn't mind so much. Admittedly, I would knit it bubble gum pink no matter what the gender is.

Also, I know that some people might not find it appropriate for a baby. Well, frankly, I don't think babies care about stuff like that, but if someone saw my baby with one, they might question my... taste? mental state? I don't know. I think it's a cool pattern. I have great justifications for this and I've wanted to make it since I saw the pattern.

I've got a secret I've been hiding under my skin....So if you see me acting strangely, don't be surprised...




btw- I'm a Styx fan. Domo Arigato.

5 comments:

NH Knitting Mama said...

What is NOT to like about Styx?

QueenMeadow said...

I love Styx too :)

And I think I know what your secret project is, I say go for it, hehe.

kasiaiscarly said...

ooh, are you making the knitted uterus? because that would crack me UP!

Marigold said...

yep, I think I know what you're making. It'll remind the baby of the last nine months, right? Personally, I think I want something nice and simple, maybe stockinette stitch in the round, to knit on during labor. That way, maybe I won't have to frog too much of it later.

Leeduck said...

I thought I would want to knit in labor, and even had a project ready, but actually I wanted to spin. SO I have a skein of yarn that a good chunk of was from labor. Now I just need to think of a really good project to make with it