Friday, February 08, 2008

Salt Lake City

Today McKay had a job interview in Salt Lake. I was planning on staying home and cleaning and knitting. It didn't work out like that.

Instead, I went to Salt Lake with him. he dropped me off at the yarn store, Black Sheep Wool. Yarn stores really overwhelm me: sensory overload. So many colors and fibers! And I didn't have much of a plan when I went in, so a lot of the time was spent thinking, "That's so pretty- what would I do with it? Nothing. Then put it down!" I bought some things for my Scavenger Hunt Partner, some yarn for my Baby A Baby Swap, and some swag for a contest for the Baby A Baby Swap that I'm setting up. I spent a lot of money and only $4 was for me, and I got that out of the clearance basket.

McKay's interview went long, so I finished off a pair of Baby Monkey Socks. It's either going on etsy or to a lady who was watching me knit them the other day. She was really interested in them because she had just made a blanket with the same colors.

Photos tomorrow.

2 comments:

NH Knitting Mama said...

Sounds like you had fun, though! What's not to like about a yarn store without a plan!

lifeasamama said...

you have an etsy? what's the link?