Monday, March 17, 2008

Charlie Brown hat

This is something I finished last month but haven't posted yet. It's lime and has a yellow zigzag stripe. I have issues with lighting, so here's a few pictures in different lights and I hope you can merge them all together in your mind to get a feel for it.




The picture is kind of washed out. I'll get a better picture later.

Let's tell a story.

I like Peanuts. I like knitting. How 'bout I knit something Peanuts-y? If you were observant, you'll notice that Linus in the Charlie Brown Christmas special wears a lime green beanie.


Hey! I have some lime green that I don't know what to do with! It was going to be a sweater vest, but I gave up. Let's make a Linus hat!

So I started knitting it up, but I realized that NO ONE would connect it with Peanuts. They'd just see a lime green hat.

So I added Charlie Brown stripes in yellow. It's kind of retro, which I like. I think this may end up on etsy because I don't really have a need for another hat.

2 comments:

lifeasamama said...

oh that is very fun! i like the lime-green tie-in. :)

Dianne Scott said...

I LOVE this hat! Do you have a pattern for it? I'm not very good at knitting, but I'd love to make this. Not for sale, but as a present for someone.