Monday, March 03, 2008

Early Second Sock Syndrome

I'm almost done with my first Pomatomus sock. It should be finished today. It was supposed to be done last week (well, the whole pair was), but I took the last half of the week off from knitting.

I picked up my knitting again yesterday BUT I'm already experiencing some SSS. I've already chosen my next sock pattern: Jaywalkers. Would it be bad to start my Jaywalkers and then come back to Pomatomus #2? Would it mess up my gauge?

Should I just try to knit other things and ignore my goal of 1 pair of socks a month?

And can someone help me find my straight pins? I need them to do a small sewing project...

The grocery shopping did get done, though. And tomorrow night there's SnB.

I feel like the Little Engine that Could. I have lots on my plate (approx. 7 WIPs) and I just have to bite the bullet and get it done.

And I really want to start the Jaywalkers... I'm going to use my Regia Silk Color that I got from my Scavenger Hunt Swap partner... So tempting!

4 comments:

QueenMeadow said...

I'm no help because I would start the jaywalkers, lol. Maybe bring the second potomous to SNB and work on the jaywalkers at home?

That reminds me, I need to print out the pattern I need help with, hehe.

IrishgirlieKnits said...

Well, I usually tend to have two pairs of socks on the needles, so I may be of no help either. One easy, one a bit more challenging. So the jaywalkers could be your easier socks.

Esoteric Knitter said...

Hmm, I think if you're not feeling it maybe let it sit for a bit. Then again, I totally know the feeling of having different gauge. Hmmm gosh I guess I'm no help either. :(

Marigold said...

Well, whatever you do, are you likely to finish a pair of socks before the baby comes? Naaah...so start knitting whatever you want to ;) That way you'll be happy, and you'll have lots to work on once the baby is here, and awake at 2 in the morning.