Friday, March 21, 2008

Good Friday

When I was in high school, we always got Good Friday off. I think it may have been due to the large amount of Catholics in our town.

I tried to convince McKay to take today off, but he has a very important paper due, so he didn't.

So far what I've done today:
Gone to the chiropractor
Laundry
Tidied up a little
Almost finished a little baby sweater.

Things I'd like to get done today:
Catch up on the dishes (there aren't that many)
Sew a sling
Sew some diapers
Finish that baby sweater
Finish the Baby a Baby Swap gift (almost done!)
Have a Baby

We'll see about that last one. I do have things going for me:
I feel great (yay chiro)!
I got lots of sleep!
It's a full moon tonight (if the moon can affect the tides, I'm sure it can affect my amniotic sac and hormones).
I've been having contractions for 2 weeks off and on, so my body's probably ready- or at least close.
I know I'm at least a couple/few centimeters dilated. I haven't bothered to check lately, though.
The baby's in a great position.
It's a weekend now.
I have a Bob Hope movie at my disposal for watching during early labor. :)
I bought the food for Easter Sunday (even stuff for dessert!), so I don't have to worry about that.
We have things ready: car seat installed, stuff for the birth acquired, lots of onesies, early labor playlist on the iPod.

Things not going for me: sinuses. These allergies really hurt and I can't take allergy medicine for them. I haven't lost my mucous plug yet nor have my waters broken.

But comparing those two lists, the things not going for me is pretty miniscule.

If this baby comes today, it might make Good Friday a Better Friday. Maybe we'll go for a walk for our date night.

2 comments:

the boogeyman's wife said...

good luck with that! happy easter.

Leazze said...

Here's to hoping that you have the baby soon! If you haven't already, it's possible we could have a race. Hahaha.