Thursday, May 22, 2008

Hitting the SaK

(Sewing and Knitting)

It seems that lately, the knitting blogs I've been reading have also featured some sewing, so I figured I'd feature some also.

I made an apron and finished a sock. It's slow going with a baby and with a secret side project that I can't show you the progress of.

Here's my apron:
I'll be making a little one for Margaret for when she gets older. It's all cut out and ready to sew, I just need to get my machine set up.

And my Jaywalkers:


Ok. It's just one Jaywalker. This sock will probably experience some SSS while I knit up a gift with the needles. Sure, I could buy more needles, but I'd rather have a limited number of WIPs going at once.

By the way, the yarn is Regia Silk Color. It works great with the Jaywalker pattern!

2 comments:

3beans said...

Cute! I love the apron. I really want to make one. I have a mei tai that I'm working on right now though. It is so hard to finish anything!

IrishgirlieKnits said...

I agree...the yarn works perfectly for Jaywalkers! Great job!! And I love the apron. The best part of people featuring their sewing on their blogs is that it inspires me to get out my machine...we'll see!!!