Monday, June 08, 2009

Summer time

Knitting I've worked on: Hearts


Lovely, quick pattern, which is good because I plan on making more.

My friend wanted to have a booth at the Farmer's Market on Saturday. I said I'd make stuff and sell them with her. Yeah. Did I ever tell you how much I suck at crafts? Something about straight lines. I did make candles- those are pretty easy. I melted down dollar store candles and bought assorted china from DI. This is what I made:

I also tried to sew a little girl's purse for Saturday- and I thought I got a picture, but now I can't find it, so it'll have to wait for later. Also, I knit a little sweater for Saturday. It needs blocking, so I'll post it later, too.

And here's a sewing project I've been thinking about for the past month. Old jeans. In the triangle in the back, I used denim from other old jeans and some lace. The only problem is the train- I can't really wear it around town. I've been trying various bustles, but denim doesn't drape very well. I think I'm going to give up on that.


I love the skirt, though. It's fun.

No comments: