Monday, October 05, 2009

FO: Kanoko


Pattern: Kanoko Pants
Yarn: Patons Classic Merino in Burgundy

Before weaving in ends, finishing the waistband and sewing up crotch:

I finished these pants last Tuesday. They were originally going to be warm pants for the winter, but then they ended up a bit short. I considered adding more length, but decided against it when they were tried on a friend's 4 year old. They make great shorts. Margaret can wear these flood pants inside this winter and as shorts next summer. I think they'll make great bloomers under a dress.

I plan on lanolizing them so I can use them as longies/shorties. As Margaret gets better as signaling to use the potty, I'll start putting training panties on her and have these over them.

And as you see, Margaret looks like she's teething they way she's gnawing on her fingers. I felt for teeth, but didn't notice any new ones. She has all her teeth except for her 2 year old molars.

2 comments:

Brad and Hailey said...

Cute pants!

funkyhan said...

I just printed off this pattern before we went away on our little holiday -- very cool trousers!! They look great in burgundy. I might even make some for my 2yo who still has a few accidents (more since little one arrived!)