Sunday, January 17, 2010

Baby Sweater

Pattern: Jo Jo Basic Crew Sweater in size 9 months from Natural Knits for Babies and Moms
Yarn: Red Heart Baby Soft in Key West (another project to use up the acrylic in my stash)

This is my first sweater-sweater. I've done the BSJ and other cardigan-like sweaters, but not a actual "knit the back, knit the front, knit sleeves, put it together" sweater.

And holy cow does putting it together take time! My husband commented, "Imagine if it were an adult sweater!" Um. Yeah. That doesn't motivate me to knit a sweater any time soon. I have one in mind for the future, but the yarn will cost like $70-90, so it'll be "later."

It needs blocking, but you can't really block acrylic.

1 comment:

Malina said...

how many hours would you estimate it took to make?