Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Christmas knitting

I don't have many pictures of my Christmas knitting. For the nieces and nephew we were in charge of getting presents for this year, I knit them all a set of fruits and vegetables: pumpkin, corn, tomato, celery, carrot, strawberry, apple, lemon, lime, peach. I meant to get a mushroom or two in, but ran out of time. And I didn't get a picture of it all because we had to rush the set over to the post office ASAP. I'll be making the same ones for Margaret, so I'll post pictures of those when I get around to making those.

I also knit Margaret's doll a hat. I tried to do a sweater, but the first attempt resulted in sleeves that were too tight for the arms and the yoke wasn't big enough. You wouldn't think this doll would require much yoke but it does apparently. So the sweater got frogged and the hat was the only thing that got finished. Maybe I'll work on the sweater for Margaret's birthday.
In the mean time, I'm prepping my stash for the Ravelympics. I'm on Team Graffiti and I plan on using stash for it. So much acrylic- none of which I've actually spent money on! I'm spending the next few months knitting with it so I can get rid of it (either for toys or for Ravelympics) and then whatever I don't use will be freecycled before we move. Of course, my nice yarn will come with us. :)

1 comment:

Marigold said...

That's a really cute doll. OMGoodness, I had forgotten about the ravelymipcs...