Saturday, February 20, 2010

Diaper Wraps

With Margaret, we have only used pull-up-like soakers. I thought this time around we'd try wraps. For both patterns, I made the "small" size. Margaret was over 10 pounds by 3 weeks, so I don't think we'll get much use out of newborn-sized covers. Together, the two wraps used up one skein of Paton's Classic Merino in Old Gold. I wasn't sure what else to use that yarn for! It's very gender-neutral and since it's similar to the color of newborn poo, I don't think we'll have problems with staining. Both need blocking and lanolizing still.



I tried this because the tie idea was interesting. I still need to add the tie- I'll have to look around for a thick ribbon.



Pattern: Warm Heart Woolies Cover (link is a Ravelry link)
I went with buttons instead of aplix because I have buttons around, but not aplix. I may add more buttons for sizing when I can try them on the baby.

No comments: