Saturday, March 20, 2010

Aran Sweater

So about this being my "sewing" month...

It's kind of been on hold. The problem with sewing is that you can't do it while watching a movie, or whenever you're bored. It has to be done with the sewing machine out- and during the few minutes of deep sleep your toddler gets. If she's not asleep enough, the noise will wake her up- especially if she's teething. 3 molars. At the same time. And I could try when she's awake, but then she wants to sit on my lap and help me sew. It just doesn't work out very well.

But I'll get around to it.

In the meantime, I had to come up with something I could do. So I knit a sweater for the next baby.

Pattern: Mini Classic Aran from Nicki Epstein's Knitting on Top of the World
Yarn: Some acrylic I had lying around. I think it was TLC something.


When I think "Aran Sweater" I think masculine, but judging by the comments of various people who have watched me knit it, it's apparently girly. Good. It'll be "gender neutral" which is what I was going for anyway. I hear the mornings near the Bay are chilly and foggy and knitters who live there have said sweaters are perfectly appropriate for the area.

Now I need a new project. Again.

3 comments:

Wooleyskein said...

Omg, its gorgeous!! great job <3

Joe said...

Very cute!
I'm also knitting an Aran sweater... but for me hihi A tad longer to make (oy, it's long...) Incidentally, I'm making it from yarn I got in Ireland ;-)

I don't personally think Aran sweater as masculine... maybe because I'll wear them? But I guess they were originally made for the fishermen, so maybe! Anyway, I think yours is perfectly gender neutral :)

Abigail said...

You ladies totally impress me with your mad knitting skills. Sitting play group today I was really wishing I still remembered how to knit!!