Friday, April 02, 2010

Tights to Knee Highs

I never understood the whole babies-wearing-tights concept. It seemed like it would make diaper changing more difficult. We received some tights as hand-me-downs, but they just sat in the drawer. They are now too small for her, so I thought I'd turn them into socks using this tutorial.


The small flower ribbon embellishments came from the dollar store.


Margaret is asleep right now and is wearing her new tunic, so I don't have any pictures of the socks on her yet, but the next time she wears a dress/skirt, I'll get a picture.


1 comment:

Abigail said...

Those are cute, though I found it interesting that not everyone is tight crazy like us! Ava wears lots of tights because she refuses to leave socks on and she's had poor circulation to her feet since birth, so they're always icy cold unless there's something covering them, then they're almost room temperature.