Monday, May 10, 2010

Back into Knitting

The move is over, though we are still finishing up the last touches (need to register the car, get health insurance, get ready for the baby, etc.).

I did finish fixing up those holes in that blanket before the move, but I forgot to take a finished picture. It looked nice, though it wasn't perfect.

I'm working on a soaker for the baby and will probably do another soaker after this one. They are both from a 1959 Good Housekeeping, so they are vintage-y and cool like that. I'm also looking into adding some projects to queue for Margaret.

I checked out the local yarn store on Saturday. Very nice. Lots of choices and friendly. In fact, I think I'll sign up for a class. I've never actually taken a class before, but the designer is coming to teach it and I have $15 off a class. I'd still have to buy my own yarn for the project which will probably be more than $15, so it's not actually that much of a discount.

Also, thanks to everyone who voted for "Feed Me" on HackedIRL. Last Friday, it posted! I feel so famous.

Oh well, I have 2 soakers to knit and a couple of pairs of socks. And a class to sign up for! Pictures to come.

No comments: