Friday, September 24, 2010

Alphabet Magnets

My friend, MarfMom is hosting a Winter Crafts Carnival and I thought I'd join. My craft isn't finished, but you'll get the picture.

I wanted a craft that was cheap. I used felt and embroidery thread from the dollar store and those old magnets that come with your phone book. You know, these:
First, I cut letters out of the felt. They are about 2 inches tall.

Then, I blanket stitched around the edges:
When I finish with that, I'll cut out bits of those magnets and glue them on the back of these letters and stick them on the fridge.

I cut out the entire alphabet and then extras so we can spell our kids' names. You need two Rs for Margaret, of course!

The blanket stitch does take some time, but if you do one letter a day, you'll definitely be done by Christmas! And it's a good project for those rainy autumn days or while watching a movie. Plus it's small and portable.

No comments: