Monday, January 24, 2011

FO: Church Slippers

If you follow my Bee in Your Bonnet blog, you'll know I don't wear shoes. Pretty much ever. Well, I wear them for exercise, but other than that, nothing. I do wear socks when my feet are cold, so don't worry that sock knitting will cease for me! Anyway, I wanted a sock-like thing to wear at church when my feet are cold, so I made these.

Pattern: Pleated Ballet Flats
Yarn: Rowan Cocoon in Tundra #808



 These took me a lot longer than they should have. Christmas got in the way and these got put to the side. I also had to frog the first slipper twice to get gauge. I have wide feet, so it needs to be loose enough to stretch, but not too loose that they'll be too big for my size 6 feet.


I might put soles on them because of the felting aspect. And I might re-do the bind off of the right one to make it a little tighter so it'll stay on better.

6 comments:

funkyhan said...

gorgeous!

Jessica said...

These turned out GREAT! Love them!

Katie said...

I am pretty much in love with the socks you knit. I would totally be up for an item swap if you would be. Name your price: baby hats, toddler hats, sewn tote bags with pockets inside, quilted wall hanging, quilted table runner?

Jenni said...

I also have little feet (6 1/2). I think you're the first person of average height I've met who has feet smaller than mine. (I know two people who wear my size but both are 4'11"!!) We should make a club or something!!!

Anonymous said...

Please tell me you don't normally go barefoot to church?

TopHat said...

lol, Anonymous. Ok then! I won't tell you that I normally go barefoot to church. ;)