Friday, January 07, 2011

FO: Green Shirt

Pattern: K-shirt Toddler Tee
Yarn: Mirasol Yarn Chirapa in Rainbow Jade
This yarn willed itself to be this shirt. It all started at the yarn store. I was picking up some yarn for another project when Margaret found this yarn and asked me to buy it. I put it back and left the store with what I intended to buy. But this yarn stayed in my mind and I kept thinking about it and thinking about it.

I even knew what pattern to use for this yarn. So I went back and bought some, only to come home and learn that the pattern asks for worsted and this yarn was sport weight. I tried looking for a more appropriate pattern, but broke down and just redid all the math and stitch counts to accommodate my gauge. It HAD to be this pattern.



Downsides: This is 100% wool so I have to be careful about it felting. I don't normally use yarn that needs a lot of care for kids' projects, but I was so drawn to this project, I ignored that little rule of mine.

Margaret loves the shirt, I love the shirt. It's perfect. When I find my sheet of paper with my pattern notes, I'll put my edits up on Ravelry.

No comments: