Monday, February 28, 2011

FO: Entrelac Hat

 I signed up to donate an item to our ward's silent auction to fund the summer camp for the young women at church. Fraught with uncertainty of what to make, I went to the yarn store last week and found some Noro Silver Thaw on clearance and bought a skein. I searched Ravelry for ideas until deciding that Noro was made for entrelac. I had never done an entrelac project before, but I was up for the challenge.

The first time I made it, I wasn't happy with the lack of slouch in this slouchy hat, so I frogged it back to the ribbing and started over. I like it now.

Pattern: Entrelac Tam
Yarn: Noro Silver Thaw (discontinued)



I really liked the entrelac technique, which is why I didn't mind frogging the whole thing to do it again! I have some extra yarn from that skein and I think this hat is asking for a pair of matching wristwarmers. I don't like any of the designs on Ravelry, so that's going to be of my own design. Look for that next week (I hope!)

The worst part of this project was that the yarn had breaks in it and new yarn was knotted into it at random intervals that caused sharp changes in color instead of the nice gradual change you expect from Noro. Luckily the entrelac hides that (mostly).
Pardon the pictures. I was taking them myself while wearing a baby.

No comments: