Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Podcasts!

Yay for knitting podcasts! I got a smartphone in January and suddenly having an mp3 player with me all the time has opened my life to the realm of podcasts!

One of the fun aspects is listening to a podcast and recognizing the names of a few local yarn stores. Stash and Burn is local like that and that's cool.

These are the few I'm enjoying right now, in alphabetical order. Many are knitting-related, but not all. It's pretty obvious which ones are knitting-related.


Cast On
KIPing It Real
Knitmoregirl's Podcast
The Manic Purl Podcast
Mormon Matters
Mormon Stories
The Pixar Podcast
The Round Table
Stash and Burn
Sticks & String
Subway Knits

I'm not the sort of person who goes back and listens to every episode ever- I listen to the most recent 2-3 and then just jump in there. The only exception is the Mormon Stories podcast because I think the issues there are interesting and I am learning a lot from that one.

If anyone has any recommendations of more knitting podcasts, let me know! They only update every week or less and I between running 3 days a week and knitting in the afternoons, and listening to podcasts while driving and doing dishes, I run out of things to listen to!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Thanks for the mention! Check out Spin Control, Sassypantsknitter, and Stitch It too! They're all great. :)

TopHat said...

Thanks! I'll add them to my iPod!