Monday, May 23, 2011

T-Shirt Grocery Bags

A few weeks ago while walking home from the library with a rather large load of books, our library bag broke. It was one we had received from Pixar and I had hoped it would last a while, but alas! It didn't.

Then, while listening to the Knitmore Girls Podcast, I heard Gigi mention making project bags from T-shirts. I couldn't find a pattern linked to on their site or Ravelry group. However, on Instructables (I love that site!) I found this tutorial and today I made some grocery/book/everything tote bags from some old shirts McKay doesn't wear anymore.



I used a zigzag stitch as suggested in the comments and I'm going to hope that the author is right in that they'll hold library books. As you can guess from the fact that our library books broke the other bag, we check out a lot.

In knitting:

I haven't been getting a lot of knitting done with the move this weekend. My yarn is actually all packed and I packed my needles today, so I only have 2 projects out: my rainbow shawl and a pair of socks for McKay. I'm guessing I have about 6 more hours of knitting on the shawl and then some blocking.

No comments: