Monday, June 06, 2011

FO: Rainbow Shawl

It's done! And blocked! (though I know it could have been blocked better) But it's blocked!

Here's before blocking:

On the blocking boards:

I bought the alphabet foam set for $5 on Craigslist for the purpose of blocking. Best $5 ever. Cheapest blocking board ever- and the size can be adjusted for whatever you're blocking. It's perfect.

Post blocking.






It's a little over 5 feet across the top- like 5'3" or something like that. This Friday is the day I have to take it to the county fair for judging. I hope I do well!

3 comments:

funkyhan said...

oooooooooooh! It's beautiful! So glad I checked my reader before bed... wow! just divine! Fantastic idea with the play foam for blocking too! Will bear that in mind.

3rdtimeMom said...

How beautiful!! You are so talented. And thanks for the new use for the play foam pieces my husband HAD to get at Ross!! If I ever learn to knit, I'll be using them for blocking!

Summers Camp said...

Wow. Just... wow. *B