Thursday, August 18, 2011

Cast-on-a-thon Days 3, 4

I didn't start any projects yesterday (day 3). Instead, I continued to work on my new temple outfit. It's finished and I'll put up a picture tomorrow.

Because of the lack of casting on yesterday, I decided that I needed to do something.

So today, after finishing the temple outfit but before the kids woke up from their naps, I mended 2 pairs of McKay's jeans, a pair of his shorts, a pair of Margaret's shorts, and a pair of Margaret's pajamas.

I still have some pants to do for McKay and myself, but decided to put away the sewing machine for now. So I'm counting that as day 3.

For day 4, I decided to make my own deodorant. I've been going deodorant-free for a while now because I used up all my funk butter and didn't want to order more (shipping is horrendous for just a little tin of funk butter!) I used the Instructables Deodorant tutorial (but I decreased the size of the recipe) and the coconut oil, vitamin E oil, baking soda, corn starch, and lavender oil I had sitting around. I had saved my Funk Butter tin, so I put it in there. And it's all ready to use!





I know you're probably wondering if I'm ever going to cast on anything knitting-related. Yes, I am. But this week was sewing-heavy because I had the machine out. I'm sure we'll get into the knitting soon. Like tomorrow.

No comments: