Friday, August 05, 2011

FO: McKay's socks

Pattern: Regular Guy Toe-Up Socks
 Yarn: Patons Kroy Socks Jacquard in Denim

I started these months ago, but after the first was finished, I had other projects that got precendence (those leg warmers, for one!) I started the second sock on Sunday, finished knitting it last night, and wove the ends in this morning so McKay could wear them to work today. The pictures aren't the best because our place doesn't have the best lighting in the morning.

I used Jeny's Surprisingly Stretchy Bind Off instead of the bind off mentioned in the pattern. One of the skeins had slightly less yarn, so that sock is about a half in shorter in the cuff. Each sock was one skein each. I probably had a total of 1 foot of spare yarn between the two of them.

No comments: