Wednesday, September 07, 2011

FO: Halloween Socks

Pattern: Blue Ray Socks from Lorna Miser's The Knitter's Guide to Hand-dyed and Variegated Yarn
Yarn: custom colorway of 75/25 Wool/Bamboo blend sock yarn from Lanitium ex Machina


When asked about what colors I liked in a colorway, I said that I liked bright colors like orange and purple thinking that the dyer would use that as an inspiration point. I received Halloween-colored yarn! Just in time for the fall, too.


This yarn sat in my stash for a few months because I knew that it would pool a lot. When I received The Knitter's Guide to Hand-dyed and Variegated Yarn, full of patterns and other ideas for reducing pooling, I knew that this yarn would be good for trying and finding out if the book was as good at reducing pooling as it said it was. I think it did a pretty good job. Please pardon the pictures- my camera was acting up and everything came out really dark, so I had to adjust the exposure and brightness and now it looks washed out!


No comments: