Friday, September 30, 2011

Knitting Update

I'm knitting mittens for Margaret. I worked on those during the General Relief Society meeting last weekend.

I'm also knitting a sweater/jacket/cardigan for her. I was out of yarn, but on Wednesday, I bought the rest at the Alameda Yarn Co. I also bought some sock yarn that Margaret liked and she wants me to knit boots. I'm going to knit her a shawl and then use the leftovers for a boot-like thing.

And I knit this and unknit this (and the stake conference project) a few times. And I'm giving up for now. I got stitch gauge, but not row gauge so I'm going to try a different yarn. This project will be next year's county fair project. But I'm not going to work on it until after Christmas. I have to do stockings and other holiday knitting.

And I'm ready for 8 hours of knitting this weekend!

2 comments:

ericadouglas said...

Sneaking over here from It's All About The Hat to ask if you've ever considered an Etsy shop? For those of us who aren't fortunate enough to know you IRL to get baby shower gifts? :) :) :)

TopHat said...

I have considered it, but I'm not sure how much energy I have into a shop right now: taxes, keeping up with orders, etc. I do sometimes send things to the Talents of Sisters shop to sell, but I haven't recently. Thanks for the reminder! I need to get on that!