Thursday, October 20, 2011

WIPs

I'm a day late to WIP Wednesday, but here are my Works in Progress

A scarf for a lady at church. Red is her favorite color. I bought the yarn last week from A Verb for Keeping Warm when I went with my friend Jess.

McKay's stocking. It's the same pattern as the kids' stockings, but with green as that's his favorite color. Mine will be next. Also, I knit it inside out so that the yarn carries aren't too tight.

Pants for Isaac. It's getting cold and he has a lot of shorts, but not many pants. The yarn is Kool-aid dyed that I got from a friend. It's secondhand yarn: she gave me the yarn crocheted up into pants and I took it out to make knitted pants. This project is on hold because I need new needles.

Also, I have to knit a quick dishcloth before a birthday party tomorrow.

I'm also planning on getting more serious about designing. I went to go write up the pattern for the entrelac wrist warmers from earlier this year, but I cannot find my knitting notebook! I searched everywhere. I think this is a sign that I need to throw out half of what we own. Maybe I'll do that this weekend.

No comments: