Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Hippie Pants

Pattern: Itchy Fingers Longies Pattern
Yarn: Recovered yarn from a crochet project, wool.

The yarn for this project was originally crocheted into longies. A friend who didn't want them anymore gave them to me and I recovered the yarn and knit these! I started this project back in October and got as far as the gusset, but then had to stop because I wanted to knit both legs at the same time to conserve yarn and didn't have an extra needle. McKay got me a new circular for Christmas and so now they are done!

The cuff of the legs, starting from the top of the blue were knit like this:

Knit 1 row
Purl 1 row
Knit 2 rows
Purl 2 rows
Knit 3 rows
Purl 3 rows
Knit 4 rows
Purl 4 rows
Knit 5 rows
Bind off.



I kept the old drawstring, so I didn't have to knit it! The pattern had good directions and the size is custom made to fit Isaac.

No comments: