Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January's Update

It has been a very slow knitting month for me. I spent the first two weeks working on the parasol I want to make for the county fair this year. I ran out of that skein and had to frog it.

For the next couple of weeks, I worked on a mitten pattern I'm designing myself. The cuff needed lots of frogging and re-knitting and now the closure at the top is getting in some frogging and re-knitting. You only get to see the palm side because I don't want anyone taking my awesome pattern idea. ;)


Frustrated with the mitten, I decided to take a break this weekend and tear up some scraps of fabric left over from serging the bottoms of our curtains and make some yarn.


It's going to need some "blocking" but will fit in our bathroom on the skinny step that goes up to our tub.

Tonight I go to knit night and I'm planning on working on the mitten again. Oh, and then I have to knit ANOTHER mitten, but it should go faster since the design will be set and ready. It's like test-knitting!

No comments: