Friday, April 06, 2012

FO: Socks

Pattern: First Grade
Yarn: Cleckheaton Cocoon (now discontinued) in purple


After I finished the first sock, but before the ruffle, Margaret was trying them on. She wanted the other sock done NOW. I showed her the ruffle in the pattern as well as all the finished projects on Ravelry with ruffles. Then this conversation happened:

Me: Do you want me to put a ruffle on your socks?
Margaret: No.
Me: So no ruffle?
Margaret: Some girls might want a ruffle, but I don't.
Me: You're right, some girls might.
Margaret: And boys.
Me: Right. Boys, too. So no ruffle?
Margaret No.

I wanted to be VERY VERY sure before I decided these were done and I guess that is that. On the plus side, Isaac loves them too and can't wait to grow into these when Margaret's done with them. In fact, he's tried putting them on this morning, much to Margaret's upset.


This yarn is the perfect yarn for this project. I'm sad it's discontinued. It's very soft and lovely.

No comments: