Thursday, April 12, 2012

Parasol

I signed up for the county fair! I made a lot of progress on my parasol.

Pattern: A Lady's Bumbershoot (Rav link)
Yarn: Dream in Color Everlasting in Brilliant

Last weekend I removed the paper from and spray painted gold the paper parasol I bought from the Creative Reuse store. Yay for upcycling!


Then I spent all of Sunday afternoon sewing the finished knitting onto the frame.


And then I finally got around to taking pictures.


Isaac got hold of the parasol a couple of times, so there are some wooden dowel issues- I need to go in with some wood glue, new string, and gold paint to fix them so that it's in working order for the fair in a couple of months.

I still need to steam block the edge so it doesn't roll up.


This is my most expensive knitting project to date. I'm guessing the yarn cost me $75. The frame was cheap- $3? The beads were about $40. And with the time? Yeah, very costly. But beautiful.

4 comments:

AbigailDawn said...

Wow that is awesome. Very cool project, you are so talented!

Dr. A said...

Just stunning. Great job!

LovelyLauren said...

That's freakin amazing.

Seriously. :)

Carol said...

Are you entering this in a County Fair - it is really amazing! Good luck - you should definitely win a ribbon for this. You are very talented.