Monday, July 23, 2012

Socks?

 
This is the most recent picture of a sock I'm working on. Or was working on. The first sock has been done for quite a while, but I had lost my project about a month ago. I found it again last week and continued with the second sock, but discovered I ran out of yarn before the toe.

The ball of yarn came with enough, but I had already made socks for Margaret out of this yarn. I started this pair hoping that her socks didn't use too much. Unfortunately, they did.

So now I can rip out 2 socks and try something else with the yarn. Or I can finish this second sock with more of the same yarn, but in a different dye lot. Or I can use another yarn completely and just have fun with one of the socks having a vastly different toe. What do you think?

Also, I finally signed up with a team for the Ravellympics Ravellenics. I need a project/event, though. Should I work on something I need to do or something I feel like doing or should I just leave my queue up to the decision of a random number generator? No idea.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

I might frog out the toe of the other sock, and give them both pretty toes.
Or get same colorway even if it's a new dye lot, and just hedge your bets.