Wednesday, October 24, 2012

WIP Wednesday

It's been a while since I've done a WIP Wednesday. I have only one WIP and the knitting is done! In fact, the fulling is done!

Before fulling (using my chin to hold it up because my hand is taking the picture):

Next to an 8.5 x 11 inch paper:


After fulling:

I still need to shave the bag, add handles, and decorate. I'm not sure how I want to do the decorating. I have to go through my supplies and see what there is. I have a pattern for a felted rose I could use. Or just a ribbon bow. Or buttons.

2 comments:

Dr. A said...

You've introduced me to several new concepts in this post.
Included, but not limited to:
fulling
shave
Insights?
And, it looks awesome! Perfect catch-all-bag.

TopHat said...

Fulling is the official term for felting. It's like purposely throwing your sweater in the wash to shrink it.

Shave- yep, just take a razor to it because the fulling process produces fuzz on the outside of the bag.