Sunday, January 20, 2013

Ugly Vest!

Pattern: Sleeveless tank
Yarn: Berroco Trilogy in Braemer Brown

A long time ago I bought this yarn. I don't know why I bought it. It's not particularly attractive. Well, other colorways were, but not this one. I bought it just the same. And I thought I'd make fishnets out of them. WTH was I thinking?


So I frogged those last year and decided that I needed to use it up. There's a secret about kids' clothes: almost anything looks cute on a kid. So I knew I had to doom my children to this yarn.

Found a pattern and here it is.

I made size 4T, and was ready to use up all my yarn, since I had the exact yardage for it. But I suppose I must use less yarn than other people and I only used 3 of the 4 skeins.

And for some reason Margaret loves it. Who knew?

I finished this last Monday. This was the knitting project I was working on in early labor Saturday. Oh, I had a baby last weekend, if you hadn't heard.

No comments: