Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Water Dragon

Pattern: Hai-Riyo from Knitting on Top of the World by Nicky Epstein
Yarn: Red Heart that I had lying around


Over the Christmas holiday, I decided I wanted to do only fun projects that have no pressing importance, so I random-number-generated a project from my Ravelry queue and this dragon was one that came up. I queued it back in the day when I wanted to make sure each of my knitting books actually got used instead of sitting there collecting dust. I chose at least 2 patterns from each book and added them in my Ravelry queue. I've acquired some new books since I last did that; I should probably go through my newer books and do the same.

Anyway, here's a dragon! And since this baby will probably be born in the Year of the Dragon, it's for the baby. I used blue, so I'm calling it a water dragon.

The neck is ridiculously long, but it's physically impossible for dragons to be anatomically incorrect (mythical creatures, they are), so who cares?

No comments: