Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Ballet Shrug

Pattern: Child's Ballet Shrug in Bunny Hop
Yarn: Wool in the Woods Helix in Limelight


I finished this last week. I don't look good in lime green, so I knew I couldn't knit something for myself with this yarn. And since kids look good in almost anything, I decided to make something for Margaret. The yarn is cotton and I've never used cotton for garments- only dishcloths- so that's new to me. But I like it. My gauge was loose enough for it to hang well.


This pattern was really great. It doesn't tell you how to sew it together at the end, but it's not hard to figure out.I did a size between the 6 and 8 because I wanted to use up all my yarn and guess what? Only something like 15 yards left! Perfect. She can grow into it.


Close up of stitches

The color in my living room is a bit washed out. Oh well.

No comments: