Saturday, May 18, 2013

Sulley Dress

Yarn: Martha Stewart Glitter Eyelash

I made a dress!

Ever since becoming pregnant last year, I knew I wouldn't be able to go to the Monsters University wrap party because of the nursing baby. Immediately, I decided to make Margaret a dress and I wanted to incorporate "fun fur"-type yarn. I wanted her dress to fit the occasion of Monsters University.

I searched Pinterest for various fur dresses and eventually decided on this one. I decided on a blue and purple dress like Sulley's fur. I bought the yarn and started knitting a trim- I cast on 12 stitches and just knit in garter until I finished up 2 balls of the Glitter Eyelash yarn.

When I went to sew the fur onto the chosen skirt fabric, I found that the sewing machine matted down the fur, so if it was going to be appropriately furry, I had to sew the fur trim on by hand. So I did. I also had to see the chiro about the subsequent carpal tunnel. Knitting has never given me issues, but sewing trim on does, apparently.

Then I sewed it all together this week!

I crochet fur onto sandals like in this pattern.

We made the horns from polymer clay following this tutorial.

McKay playing with glitter:

Ready to bake:

On her head!

In all, she looks fabulous. The end.




3 comments:

funkyhan said...

That outfit is beyond awesome! Well worth all the effort!

Amy Rhime said...

Love it! You rock.

Xaka said...

This is all kinds of cute!