Yarn: Martha Stewart Glitter Eyelash
I made a dress!
Ever since becoming pregnant last year, I knew I wouldn't be able to go to the Monsters University wrap party because of the nursing baby. Immediately, I decided to make Margaret a dress and I wanted to incorporate "fun fur"-type yarn. I wanted her dress to fit the occasion of Monsters University.
I searched Pinterest for various fur dresses and eventually decided on this one. I decided on a blue and purple dress like Sulley's fur. I bought the yarn and started knitting a trim- I cast on 12 stitches and just knit in garter until I finished up 2 balls of the Glitter Eyelash yarn.
When I went to sew the fur onto the chosen skirt fabric, I found that the sewing machine matted down the fur, so if it was going to be appropriately furry, I had to sew the fur trim on by hand. So I did. I also had to see the chiro about the subsequent carpal tunnel. Knitting has never given me issues, but sewing trim on does, apparently.
Then I sewed it all together this week!
We made the horns from polymer clay following this tutorial.
McKay playing with glitter:
Ready to bake:
On her head!
In all, she looks fabulous. The end.